On the other hand, his job and his ear for poo and/or sage advice has provided the Universe with a great deal of entertainment in the form of his daily quotes. I've determined they belong in a collection so while I haven't copyrighted anything on this site, please know I will hunt you down, plant incriminating evidence, call the cops and make sure you have a lousy lawyer. Or, I'll just let Populist deal with you. If I haven't mentioned it, he's a Brazilian kickboxing mo fo with a pitt bull's determination. So, you know, you've been warned. This poo is copyrighted because I said so and I'm pretty sure that's the only standard that needs to be met.
Without further ado, Populist's first collected court quotes:
- "No jury will believe I was moving that kind of weight. We're in the middle of a recession."
- "The $6500 in my pocket was to pay the rent tomorrow, the 30 bags of heroin were for personal use, and I carry four cell phones so my girlfriends and my wife won't call me on the same phone."
- "Thank your lawyer. He fought hard and did a good job for you. And follow his advice. I say that in part because I believe he gives good advice, and in part because I overheard him telling you that you should never drive again."
- "I agree with you counselor, but the legislature has strangled me. Which is a separate crime now, by the way."
- "I can't imagine that a law enforcement officer would find evidence hidden away somewhere and then claim that he saw it in plain view." -- an Asst. U.S. Atty.
- "Well, she should have come to court, but I'm not worried about finding your client, counselor. Looks like she gets pulled over about once a week."
I can't pick a favorite, but I do admire the thought process of the guy who justifies his flimsy defense with the current state of the economy. That dude watches the news! I also find the guy who excuses his large stashes of cash, drugs, and phones with seemingly normal lifestyle choices to be steeped in logic. Such rationality could be put to use in more honorable pursuits, I'm sure. It is reassuring to know that Populist is there helping these guys out and apparently at least two judges agree.